This is an EVERGREEN / Pipeline posting, which is a proactive way to share FUTURE commercial opportunities within Danaher's Water Platform and allows you to find out more about us.
The European Water Platform Operating Companies (OpCo's) consists of Hach (http://https:/www.hach.com/) including Aquatic Informatics (http://https://aquaticinformatics.com/) , OTT HydroMet (http://https:/www.ott.com/) , and Trojan Technologies (http://https:/www.trojantechnologies.com/en/) including Pall Water (http://https://www.pallwater.com/) .
This posting also allows you to upload your resume if you don't see active roles in your area of interest and experience. Please visit the Water Platform Career Site (http://https:/jobs.danaher.com/global/en/within-water-quality) for all current active roles.
Sales Leader (m/f/d)
As a Sales Leader (m/f/d) you are responsible for developing and maintaining a professional sales organization capable of achieving maximum sales volume, profitability, and market penetration and dominance. You will give input to strategic planning efforts for sales including organization and people.
Manage and coach associates, develop goals and objectives that are in alignment with company goals and objectives. Plan, approve, monitor and meet the annual regional sales plan and budget.
- Number of direct reports and overall team size depend on the level / role.
- Develop and maintain sales goals and objectives that are in alignment with the company goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain annual regional Sales operations plan and objectives.
- Develop and maintain annual regional Sales budget and resource plan.
- Interact with Senior Management group as necessary to communicate and provide awareness on sales plans and issues.
- Manage projects/major sales opportunities. Review, assign resources, monitor progress, meet agreed upon due dates and budgets of the Sales Operations; Coordinate intra-company Sales Operations initiatives and activities.
- Manage development of and adherence to policies and procedures. Provide direction in implementing of policies and procedures to ensure quality, consistency of communication, expectations, and customer service.
- Manage interdepartmental issues. Be a link between your employees and other company personnel discussing problems with other management to get resolutions in a timely manner.
- Manage rewards. Recognize and acknowledge good performance.
- Prepare and provide annual performance reviews. Review and summit annual changes to the Sales Incentive Plan and salary adjustment.
Provide good working environment:
- Help build an environment that encourages creativity, operates with honesty and fairness, and is open to new ideas and encourages and solicits contribution of ideas.
- Support and assist management in identifying where change will be beneficial to the company/department. Promote change and help accomplish change.
- Promote concept of providing internal and external customers with quality service in a timely manner.
- Support learning. Be a mentor in the areas that you have strengths and create opportunities for learning to occur with others.
Provide good communication:
- Provide open and timely communication to all customers and distributors and personnel in the region.
- Communicate regularly and effectively plans, initiatives and performance to regional sales team.
- Keep abreast of new technology and activities in the industry.
- Keep abreast of industry sales trends.
Stakeholders / Relationships (depending on role)
- Regional Country, Sales and Service Managers
- Global Key Account Managers
- Product Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Units Directors
- Customer Service Representatives
- Sales Support Specialists
- Product End Users including: Plant & Facility Operators, Supervisors and Superintendents
- Government Entities
- Manufacturers' Reps
- Systems Integrators
- Legal Assistance
Measures of Performance
- Achievement of sales revenue goals
- Management of cost center spending within approved budget
- Successful people management
- Adherence to the Danaher Core Competencies
Background and Skill Requirements
- An undergraduate degree is required with preference given to a major in Chemistry, Biology or Environmental Science; an MBA is preferred
- Solid, progressive sales experience within an organization known for having a progressive sales function.
- Experience in business that serves similar customers or sells similar products is a definite plus.
- Sales management experience.
- Formal sales training is preferred with strong preference given to exposure to solution selling concepts.
- High performer with a solid track record of accomplishment and logical career progression.
- Demonstrated track record of driving sales growth, customer expansion and market share growth.
- Process orientation with a proven track record of profitable growth and an excellent reputation for leadership in value-based selling process, six sigma and account management.
- Has both strategic and tactical dimension and capabilities, can analyze the market, competitors and company strengths and weaknesses while devising winning sales strategies .
- Excellent analytical skills and solid business acumen with ability to balance the needs of the market place with sound business judgment.
Scope and Impact of Position Responsibilities
Responsible for top line revenue objectives and meeting expense budgets for applicable cost centers. Position's scope can also includes top-grading and continuous evaluation of optimum mixed sales channels for all brands.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.